Safety Program Training Summary
- All employees receive safety training at hire, weekly Safety Tailgate Meetings, and additional training whenever the need arises.
- All employees receive a copy of the Company Safety Manual at hire — with a copy retained at all jobsite locations.
- Special training (classroom and on-line education) includes, but is not limited to: Trench & Excavation; DOT Training; Lead; Forklift; First Aid & CPR; Flagging; Superintendents, Foremen, and designated Leadsmen, are trained in all areas and are required to complete extended training on ClickSafety.
- All Foremen are trained in OSHA 10 and all Superintendents are trained in OSHA 30.
- E. J. Wade has implemented a field safety incentive program, which acknowledges safe practices and positive safety behavior.
- E. J. Wade has a disciplinary policy in place to allow for accountability for unsafe workplace practices and behavior.
- E. J. Wade has an annual Safety Kickoff Meeting to start the new season and monthly safety meetings that include mandatory attendance of all Managers, Superintendents, and Foremen.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment is strictly enforced. Our company requires the use of hardhats and safety vests at all times.
- E. J. Wade has a Safety Committee established to assist with the implementation and adoption of policies and procedures, and maintenance of the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). The committee meets monthly. Established members of the committee include:
- Elton Wade, Co-owner & VP of Operations
- Josh Wade, Co-owner & VP Project Development
- David Miller, Director, Safety & Regulatory Compliance
- Rotating members include Area Managers and Superintendents
- E. J. Wade coordinates periodic Foreman Meetings. This is an open door meeting to allow Foreman the opportunity to contribute to the development of policies and procedures implemented in the field.
This is a summary of minimum safety standards maintained by E. J. Wade Construction and is not all inclusive of procedures and policies implemented.